Xbox has come out of one of its best showcases of all time by holding another even more detailed one about the games announced. Xbox Games Showcase Extended 2023 was a slower paced show that went much deeper into some of the games featured at the June 11 event. Its featured Xbox Game Showcase titles such as Avowed, Microsoft Flight Simulator Dune Expansion, Senuas Saga: Hellblade 2, The Elder Scrolls Online: Necrom, Towerborne,AND Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Freedom.
There have also been some exclusive reveals of this show, such as the DLC for High on lifean update for High fedelityand some new indie games. It was a surprisingly packed show for a side event. For those who want to hear everything that’s been revealed, we’ve rounded up all the announcements made during Xbox Games Showcase Extended 2023 right here.
High on Life High on Knife DLC revealed
HIGH DLC DLC TEASER TRAILER ON KNIFE
The second thing that appeared during this year’s Xbox Games Showcase Extended was Top on the knife by Squanch Games. Top on the knife is the DLC for the surprise hit of 2022 Xbox Game Pass High on life. Its reveal trailer definitely sounds like that of a horror game, and a post on Xbox Wire teases that players should expect a story set two years after the events of the game, as well as new weapons. While High on life is available through Xbox Game Pass, it appears that a purchase will be required to play Top on the knifewhen it comes out later this year.
First Descendant crossplay beta coming this August
The First Descendant: First look at extended gameplay on Xbox
Nexon showcased the Xbox Series X gameplay of its free-to-play co-op sci-fi shooter The first descendant. It highlighted the combat, character customization, and improvements from last year’s PC-only beta. At the end of his segment, Nexon also confirmed that a crossplay beta that will be available on Xbox Series X will take place between August 22nd and 28th. The full game is expected to be released later this year. Digital Trends actually interviewed the developers of The first descendant last year, so check out that interview if you want more info on the game
The Hi-Fi Rush Arcade Challenge update will launch on July 5th
Hi-Fi RUSH – Arcade Challenge! Update! trailer
As a nice surprise during this year’s Xbox Games Showcase Extended, Tango Gameworks revealed a massive update for its critically acclaimed rhythm action game High fedelity. It will add two new modes that players will be able to access after completing the game. First up is the BPM Rush mode, which is a wave-based combat mode where things get a little faster after each wave, up to 200 beats per minute. And turn on! Tower high! is another tower mode that initially removes Chai’s powers and then allows players to upgrade or debuff Chai between levels. There will also be new photo modes and character customization options added. Titled Hi-Fi Rush Arcade Challengethis update will be released on July 5 along with a new costume pack.
Another Crabs Treasure and more ID@Xbox games are coming to Xbox Game Pass
ID@Xbox – Game Pass Announce Trailer – Xbox Games Showcase 2023
During the show, Xbox highlighted 10 neat looking indie games that will be coming to Xbox Game Pass when they release. The most notable is Another treasure trove of crabs, which is that crab-starring Soulslike that went viral after debuting at a Nintendo Indie World presentation last year. We actually played this game during the Summer Game Fest Play Days, so check out ours Another treasure trove of crabs preview to get a better idea of what to expect from this title. Techtonica, Sea of Stars, Harold Halibut, Galacticare, Neon White, Minekos Night Market, The Book Walker, The Wandering VillageAND Little kitty, big city they have also been confirmed to be coming to Xbox Game Pass upon release.
All the rest
- CD Projekt Red took viewers through the black market Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Freedom. The developer also confirmed an overhauled police system and the addition of an aerial dash ability. Keanu Reeves was then interviewed about Johnny Silverhands’ role in the expansion, the new areas players can explore, and some of the new characters that will appear throughout the expansion. Phantom Freedom.
- The League of Lamplighters has an October 3rd release date.
- Stated Game Director Carrie Patel broke down the trailer played at the Xbox Games Showcase, revealing more about the game’s premise, characters, and combat. Patel also compared the size of the game with Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II AND The Outer Worlds.
- Stoic Studio has outlined what players can expect Towerborne in a developer diary. It also teased post-launch season support for the game.
- Fallout 76 The Once in Blue Moon update has been announced and will be released on June 20th. We also got a quick look at some gameplay footage from next year’s Atlantic City expansion.
- ZeniMax Online Studios has detailed what players can expect Necrom from The Elder Scrolls Online expansion. It will be out on June 20th.
- Phasmophobia is coming to Xbox Series X in early access with cross-platform play this August.
- Capcom has detailed the PvE Savage Gauntlet and Exosuit variants that players will come across Exoprimal.
- Sarah Bond highlighted ID@Xbox’s diversity efforts with her developer accelerator program. Drag Her!, Stray Gods, Sonzai, Slime Heroes, Naiad, Spirit Swap, Botany Manor, Despelote, Island of Winds, PsychromaAND El Paso, Elsewhere they were featured in a sizzling trailer for it.
- THE Microsoft Flight Simulator Dune Expansions the creation process was detailed in a segment starring Kinda Funny and Gamertag Radios Parris Lilly. It will be out on November 3rd.
- Go Mecha Ball has been revealed and will be released in 2024.
- lies of pThe game’s various weapons, bosses, and upgrade systems were detailed ahead of its September 19th release.
- The last one Senuas Saga: Hellblade 2 trailer has obtained a behind-the-scenes video detailing the motion capture process for both it and the rest of the game.
- A video highlighted the Xbox FanFest celebrations last month, with Matt Booty teasing that there are Xbox games from 2024 that we aren’t aware of yet.
- Light year: borders multiplayer features were highlighted in a new gameplay video and got a release window of early 2024.
- Xbox head Phil Spencer played 33 immortals with his Thunder Lotus developers and interviewed them while doing so.
#Announced #Xbox #Games #Showcase #Extended #Digital #Trends